Date23 Feb 2018
Venue:Hotel Sofitel, BKC
China’s aggressive environmental protection campaign has tightened supplies of graphite electrode. Nearly 300,000 tonnes of graphite electrode manufacturing capacity has been shut since the second half of 2016, creating a global shortage and lifting prices by over 300% since January 2017.
Presently prevailing volatility has made the market fairly unpredictable leaving trade participants exposed to the possibility of violent fluctuations. Experts from world over have been minutely following updates in the industry to foresee even the slightest variations that could disturb up the delicate trade balance.
SteelMint’s one day Global Graphite Electrode Conference will address the future demand/supply scenario of Graphite Electrode in 2018, in the context of sky-rocketing prices in the last year, uncertainties surrounding needle coke supply, how China will regulate the global markets, and an assessment of the challenges faced by the Indian buyers.
1. Future Demand – Supply Scenario of Graphite Electrodes Against the Backdrop of Price Fluctuations in 2017
2. Mid and Long Term Price Forecast of Graphite Electrode
3. Capacity Additions in Graphite Electrode Production
4. How China Affects the World in Graphite Electrode Production and Supply
5. Uncertainties Surrounding the Needle Coke Supply
6. Mid-Term Price Forecast of Needle Coke (12-24 Months)
7. Impact of Lithium Ion Batteries on Graphite Electrode Market
8. EAF Capacity Addition in China
9. Challenges Faced by Indian Buyers
10. Perspectives of Global Graphite Electrode Stakeholders
11. Usage of Scrap Alternatives HBI/DRI to Reduce Electrode Consumption